An Abundance NC & Chatham County Partnership for Children Event
Saturday, May 21, 2016
2 pm – 8 pm
220 Lorax Lane, Pittsboro, NC
We are excited to invite you to the Spring 2016 Grand Opening of the Pittsboro Farm and Forest Trail! Abundance NC and the Chatham County Partnership for Children have collaborated on this unique new nature interpretive trail that surrounds the Plant. The .78 mile long trail is nearing completion! Dozens of local volunteers and organizations have contributed to the trail’s progress to date, including clearing, grading, building a bridge over the creek, laying down grit, removing thousands of pounds of trash from the woods, labeling trail features, and creating an interpretive guide. The trail provides a place for children and adults to be active in nature while learning about key themes of sustainable communities such as local food, renewable energy, and the preservation of native plants, wildlife, and natural resources.
Join us for a fun day celebrating health in the outdoors! Play outside! Get moving. Watch the birds! Join in community!
– Ribbon Cutting Ceremony @ 2.15pm with Local Officials
– Trail tours
– Kids activities – Outdoor fun from 2 to 5 pm
– Environmental and Youth Education Organizations tabling (see below)
– Staffed “Playmobile” with fort building, fairy huts, hoola hoops, parachutes, and much more…..
– Face painting
– Nature activities on and around the trail
– Bella Donna’s stone oven-fired Pizza
– Chef Bill’s legendary Southern Sandwiches
– County Line Sweets Food Truck
– Spoken Word…(open mic poetry for kids and adults with Paul Richmond and Gary Phillips)
– Fair Game Beverage cash bar, wine tastings and tours
– Live Music – The Real Official at 4pm and The Grand Shell Game at 7pm
Participating Organizations…information, activities, hobnobbing and conviviality!