SAVE THE DATE: October 30th, 2021
October 30, 2021 / Saturday / 10am – 7pm
The Plant / 220 Lorax Lane / Pittsboro, NC
A rich day of celebration and remembrance!
Join us for a rich day of awakening and acknowledgment of what this year has brought us. A space to reflect and celebrate our shared humanity.
The 6th Annual Death Faire will be mysterious, COVID-19 friendly, outside at The Plant and focusing on grieving our old way of life, honoring the lives lost this year and welcoming the transformation happening.
Tickets will be on a sliding scale from $11.11–$88.88 / Kids FREE
Join us anytime during the day that you feel called!
We will begin the morning with an invocation and Tending to the Heart session by Heart2Heart, a local nonprofit organization that tends to people’s needs in the dying time. Then, we will move into your choice of 2 out of the 4 breakout sessions led by local healers and musicians:
- Weaving Between Worlds: Embodied / a Drumming & Movement session guided by the Living Arts Collective artists Aubrey & Brü Roze, Diali Cissokho, and Psalms White!
- Transforming your Grief Through Writing led by Author Dori Anne Dupré
- Open your HeART Space / a visual art integration of feeling led by Artist, Coach, and Author Andrea Saccone Snyder
- Stories of Grief & Healing: A nature-based Grief Talking Circle hosted by Frank “Byrd” Phoenix
Our keynote speaker, Tamira Cousett, will guide us in “Exploring Ancestral Connections in times of Change.” Looking at grief through the lens of our ancestors is both deeply healing and liberating.
Afterwards, we will have a New Orleans Funeral Tradition Parade by the Bulltown Strutters and an inspiring line-up of poets closing out our day with expression.
The afterparty from 6 – 7:00pm will be hosted by BEXXIE Music, a house DJ, to help us metabolize and move our bodies!
- A warm lunch by Copeland Springs Farm & Kitchen and dinner by Angelina’s Kitchen is provided with your ticket and attendees are encouraged to come at whatever point in the day feels best for them.
- All day we will have an ancestry altar, fire barrels with offerings, a green burial pine casket photo booth, vendors and organizations sharing crafts or news.
Check out our Schedule and Healers with more information on their offerings below:
Thank you SPONSORS!
Interested in sponsoring or volunteering? Contact us at: email@example.com
Death Faire 2019:
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Charles Eisenstein, author
Charles Eisenstein is a teacher, public speaker, gift economy advocate, and the author of several books including The Ascent of Humanity, Sacred Economics, The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible and Climate – A New Story.
“What we observe to be happening in the world says as much about ourselves as it does about the world. It reveals what we think is important, significant, valuable, and sacred, and what is irrelevant or useless too. Put another way, what we see reveals how we see.”
From his book, Climate: A New Story.
Join us to hear Charles speak of civilization, consciousness, death, climate, and the human cultural evolution. You will see things in a different way. A way that might help you and humanity.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Charles Eisenstein at Death Faire 2019 / Photo: © Adrian Moreno 2019
Our Vendor Village will be open, showcasing everything from Green Burial Services to Tattoo artists. Ongoing workshops around grieving, learning of indigenous culture’s beliefs, and more.
Open Poetry and Story Telling, Kid’s Activities, Candle-lit Altar, Fire Shows, New Orleans Style Funeral Procession, Face Painting, Costume Contest, Design Your Own Coffin, “Ded” Talks, Mystical Food and Cocktails.
Live Music: Past musicians include The Bulltown Strutters, Flor y Canto, Lobo Marino, Curtis Eller’s American Circus & Dex Romweber.
“This Collective Art Show was supported by the N.C. Arts Council, a division of the Department of Natural & Cultural Resources, with funding from the National Endowment for the Arts.”