Abundance NC is a nonprofit, working to enhance the quality of life of the community, specifically focusing on local economy, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy and examining the spirituality of death and relationships. We began in 2006, and we are cultural alchemists.
Abundance NC is seeking a Death Faire Event Coordinator. This position is a temporary, contract position with an expected duration of 2 months (60-100 part-time hours). The applicant will work from Abundance’s office located at The Plant in Pittsboro, NC.
They will work with Staff on creating the 3rd Annual Death Faire scheduled for November 3, 2018.
Objectives include: making contact with vendors, educators, entertainers, volunteers, logistical people and attendees via telephone and email.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
• Vibrant and Eclectic with sense of humour and grounded in community
• Highly organized with an eye for detail
• Digitally savvy
• Not afraid to fail
• Highly-effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Good boundaries and time management a plus.
• Must be able to take initiative, be tenacious and work with minimal supervision.
• Experience in event coordination preferred.
The application period for this position closes on Friday, September 14, 2018.
Please email cover letter and resume, 2 references and your favorite 5 songs to: email@example.com
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.