- This event has passed.
October 31, 2021 @ 10:00 am$11 – $88
Join us anytime during the day that you feel called!
We will begin the morning with an invocation and Tending to the Heart session by Heart2Heart, a local nonprofit organization that tends to people’s needs in the dying time. Then, we will move into your choice of 2 out of the 4 breakout sessions led by local healers and musicians:
- Weaving Between Worlds: Embodied / a Drumming & Movement session guided by the Living Arts Collective artists Aubrey & Brü Roze, Diali Cissokho, and Psalms White!
- Transforming your Grief Through Writing led by Author Dori Anne Dupré
- Open your HeART Space / a visual art integration of feeling led by Artist, Coach, and Author Andrea Saccone Snyder
- Stories of Grief & Healing: A nature-based Grief Talking Circle hosted by Frank “Byrd” Phoenix
Our keynote speaker, Tamira Cousett, will guide us in “Exploring Ancestral Connections in times of Change.” Looking at grief through the lens of our ancestors is both deeply healing and liberating.
Afterwards, we will have a New Orleans Funeral Tradition Parade by the Bulltown Strutters and an inspiring line-up of poets closing out our day with expression.
The afterparty from 6 – 7:00pm will be hosted by BEXXIE Music, a house DJ, to help us metabolize and move our bodies!
- A warm lunch by Copeland Springs Farm & Kitchen and dinner by Angelina’s Kitchen is provided with your ticket and attendees are encouraged to come at whatever point in the day feels best for them.
- All day we will have an ancestry altar, fire barrels with offerings, a green burial pine casket photo booth, vendors and organizations sharing crafts or news.