So, you want to present a topic at Pecha Kucha Night Pittsboro? Awesome! We’re excited to have you at the next event!
Here is everything you need to know when creating your presentation!
Presentations will be displayed on a projector from a computer using Power Point. You will be standing at a microphone to the side of the projection screen.
Presentation Guidelines (These are *very* strict!)
- 20 total slides
- 20 seconds per slide. No Exceptions.
- NO WORDS on slides….unless a graphical word used for emphasis.
- Static Slides Only – NO transitions (fading, moving, sliding, etc.)
- Keep printed words to a minimum or best to not have ANY WORDS.
- Use high contrast for text, common fonts & a 36 text size minimum.
- 20 second video clip without sound is OK.
- NO sound.
- The spirit of the presentations are to be about a concept or idea that you are passionate about.
NO Advertisements or business pitches.
- Presentation should be original and not a stock presentation that you give every month!
- Please use as much original photography as possible.
Submission Guidelines & Procedures
Email your topic, blurb & photo to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- If accepted, your information will be added to the Presenter List.
- Email your completed presentation after you get instruction
- Presentation too large to email? Use hightail.com or dropbox etc…
- Your presentation will be imported, reviewed & if there is a problem, someone will get back to you. Please send any corrections back at least 24 hours before the event.
Acceptable Presentation Formats
- Please convert/export Open Office presentations to PowerPoint format